| Website Upload Form
The National Informatics Centre, District Unit Latur was established in the year 1989 with an aim to support the district administration in promoting state-of-art Information Technology within the district. The IT services of NIC range from Consultancy, Software Development & Implementation, Office Automation and Networking Services to Training, NICNET Services including Web Site Development. As in case of most of the districts, Initially it was tough to motivate the people, but within the span of few years it has brought a vast change in the attitude of the staff of the district administration. Now the situation is such that the administration is getting almost all the works computerized. More and more people are getting trained in different fields of computers and established District Control Room for intranet activities of Maharashtra State. NIC, District Control Room and all the departments in Collector Office are connected with LAN so that the computerized activities such as e-mail access, internet surfing, browsing, Online Application and transmission of information, sharing resources, etc can be carried out from any place.
The NIC District Centre has following infrastructure for providing Technical Support to District Administration.
- High Speed 100 MBPS Leased Line for providing Internet and Intranet connectivity to District Administration
- LAN connectivity in Collectorate to all the departments with internet connectivity for using online Softwares / Application provided by NIC.
- Server: Rack mount Server for hosting Locally developed Software's / Applications.
- Video Conferencing Facility for the District Administration to interact directly with Mantralaya, Divisional Commissioner or other Districts in Maharashtra or anywhere in India.
- Desktop PCs for conducting Training programme and regular computerization activities.
- Multifunction Printer, Scanner etc. for regular work.
- District Web Site Development and Regular Updates: This web site http://latur.nic.in is designed, developed and maintained by NIC District Centre, Latur. Regular updates are being carried out whenever the information is received from concerned department. The content is provided by District Administration.
- MGNREGA: This is online application of NIC, HQ, Delhi to monitor and manage the EGS works carried out in the district. The technical support and network facility is provided to the department for regular data entry work.
- ePDS : This application is recently launched by NIC, HQ, Delhi for preparing data bank of FPS and Ration Card Holders in the State. Technical support and network facility is provided to District Supply Officer to complete the data entry work of Ration cards.
- NLRMP: National Land Record Modernization Programme: The Government has decided to modernize the current Land Record Computerization activity. Under this project the Land records data of Ausa taluka was converted to Unicode and migrated to PostgreSQL Database. Ausa taluka is one of the pilot taluka in Maharashtra to start this activity.
- WEB RCIS Application: The computerized data of 7/12 (Records of Right) is now hosted on the District Web site. An application is developed in ASP .NET using SQL Server 2008 as RDBMS for hosting the data. An export utility is developed along with the application to export the data from IBM DB2 to SQL Server 2008. The data received from taluka's is exported to SQL Server 2008. The application is provided to all the districts of Maharashtra and developed as per the instructions of SIO, Maharashtra.
- E-Lokshahi Din: A web based E-Lokshahi Din Software is developed to monitor and complaints received on Lokshahi din which is conducted on every First Monday of the month. The application is developed using the latest technologies available ASP .NET 4.0 and SQL Server 2008. The application is installed on Rack mount Server under Windows Server 2008 environment. The application helps to reply the concerned complainant directly by answering the reply by typing or enclosing the attached PDF file. The complainant can check for his reply on the web site using his token no. given at the time of submitting his complain.
- Hosting of Property Card on District Web site: The property cards of all the CTSO and talukas is hosted on the district web site.
- Land Record Computerization: Land Records Computerization is completed and now computerized v.f.n.7/12 is distributed in all the talukas. Mutations are taken through LMIS software. Regular technical support is given to DBAs and data entry operators in all the tahsils. In future under NLRMP the registry office will be connected to tahsil office for direct transactions of land records. The preliminary work for connecting both the database has been completed.
- Video Conferencing: The state-of-the-art facility of video conferecning is provided by NIC. Through VC various district authorities are able to communicate with other district authorities as well as Hon. CM of the State, CS and all Secretaries in Mantralaya, Principal Secretary are frequently using VC facility to review the district activities and directly interact with District Collectors, CEO, ZP and other higher authorities in District.
- MAHAFOOD: The periodical status of the supply of food grains and other commodities in the district is informed directly through a web based application to Government of Maharashtra. The DSO office uses the application and sends the information. This is a part of GOM's e-governance project.
Training to Revenue Officers
- Agmarknet: This is the e-governance project with useful web site namely http://agmarknet.nic.in where the farmers can get current APMC commodities or grain prices at various APMC markets. This enables them to sale their agricultural produce at the profitable prices. Presently in Latur district all the APMCs are online and sending current prices to farmers for online updation on website.
- BPL survey : The survey was started in 2001 and the main purpose of this survey is to find those families who really need Government aid to overcome above the Below Poverty Line. The data is processed and list of beneficiaries is generated using cutoff score. The cutoff score is decided on the marks obtained by the family depending on the income and commodities.
- District Court : The District and Sessions court Latur is fully computerized and most of the works such as filing of cases, daily proceeding, generation of daily board, Nazarat, disposal of cases etc are being carried over networked system. Technical support and guidelines provided for establishing the computer unit. A "Computer Awareness Programme" for Judges had been conducted at District Court, Latur and Taluka Court, Udgir.
Training to Judges
- DRDA: The technical support in establishing their own IT infrastructure and procurement for that purpose. DRDA Latur is one of the prompt districts which uploads weekly and monthly financial and work status on web site of Ministry Of Rural Development GOI ( http://rural.nic.in)
- Daily Rainfall : This is very important job carried by NIC Latur and Revenue Department, Collector Office, Latur. The daily rainfall data of the all 10 tahsils are uploaded on the district web site
- Technical Consultancy: The technical support and consultancy is provided by NIC Latur to many State government offices to tackle their IT needs and problems. This includes giving the right configuration of different hardware, procurement of hardware, inspection and certification and in AMC contracts too.
- Election: NIC District Centre, has always given technical support in all the Assembly and Parliamentary election process. The work of allotment of polling staff, their randomization, forming parties, random allocation of polling booths to parties, raising the system and hardware for counting process, giving daily online information related to election and constituencies to Election Commission of India and NIC Delhi which has collaboration with Dordarshan for result telecast.
- Earthquake: After the devastating earth quake struck at Killari in Latur district in 1993, NIC was the only department having communication and IT Infrastructure which was required to District Administration to send their information to Mantralaya, Mumbai from actual camp (Location). Day-to-Day work of rescue operation, relief and rehabilitation was reported using the NICNET facility available at that time. The regular communication infrastructure had totally collapsed after the earthquake. The communication was possible only due to NIC's Network (NICNET).
- KIOSK: This facility has been started by Collector Office, Latur on 14th Nov 2007. The software is developed by National Informatics Centre, Latur. It was inaugurated by the auspicious hand of Hon. Shri. Swadhin Kshatriya (ACS). Through this facility citizens can get information about list of benefits of Sanjay Gandhi Yojana, Shravan Bal Yojana, Indira Gandhi Yojana, Tel. nos. of All Revenue officers of Latur Dist., Latur Dist. Website, Status of ROR cases in the court of Addl. Collector Latur, 7-12 of all talukas in Latur district
- Information Kept on the KIOSK is updated every 15 days so that citizens can get latest information through this facility. A citizen centric KIOSK installed at the entrance of the Collector Office for common citizens for getting access to any kind of information such as, Name of Beneficiary in SGY/IGY/Shrawanbal Scheme, View 7/12, Revenue appeal cases in the court of Addl.Collector, Important Telephone numbers, RTI Information, List of Freedom fighters, Project affected persons, etc.
- PCIS (Property Card Information System): Property Cards of Latur are computerized using the PCIS software. At present computerized property cards are distributed in Latur and Udgir talukas.
- District Consumer Forum (CONFONET): District Consumer Forum office is computerized. Technical support for establishing computer center, hardware and software is provided for computerizing the cases. An Assistant Programmer is appointed to look after day to day activities. The software which is based on client-server technology is provided by NIC, HQ.
NIC Latur has developed and implemented number of useful software's and carried computerization projects. Some of which are highlighted below.
- Software Developed and Implemented:
- KIOSK: To View Information of Public Interest.
- WebRcis Online application for hosting 7/12 on District Web site. This application is distributed to all the districts of Maharashtra to host 7/12 of their district.
- Migration Utility for exporting data from IBM DB2 to SQL Server 2008
- RCIS Conversion Utility: A Software to convert the ISCII data to Unicode and migrate RCIS data from IBMDB2 to PostgreSQL for NLRMP Application, E-Chawdi application and Agriculture Census Application. This application is distributed to all the districts of Maharashtra.
- PCIS Conversion Utility: A Software to convert the ISCII data to Unicode and migrate PCIS data from IBMDB2 to PostgreSQL for NLRMP Application.
- E-Lokshahi Din: A web based E-Lokshahi Din Software is developed to monitor and complaints received on Lokshahi din which is conducted on every First Monday of the month.
- E-Tapal: A web based application E-Tapal is developed to monitor the letters / correspondence received in Collector Office. The letters are categorized according to their importance, urgency and source. The Central Clerk enters the letter and marks to the concerned HOD. The HOD forwards this letter to one of the clerk related with the subject. The clerk takes action by preparing the reply. The clerk encloses his reply or types in the remarks column provided. Collector has the facility to monitor the status of tapal received like pending, answered, check the reply and get abstract of the various types of letter. The application is developed in ASP .NET 4.0 with SQL Server 2008 as Database. The application requires Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7.5.