The functions of the Election Department are governed by the following Acts / Rules / Government Decisions / Circulars-
- Manual of Election Law
- The Registration of Election Roll- 1960
- The Conduct of Election Rules- 1961 (Statuary & Order)
- Hand Book for Electoral Registration Officer
- Compendium of instruction on the conduct of Election
- Hand Book of Returning Officer
- Governance of General Administration of Government of Maharashtra 1279 / (233) -xxxiii dated 6/9/1979
Details of the work done under the branch/department.
Elections for Lok Sabha, Vidhan Sabha, Legislative Council, Amravati Teachers’ Constituency, Graduate Constituency, and District Planning Committee.Works from India Election Commission, preparation of voters list, giving voter identity card etc.